5 Things You Should Bring to Play Pickleball (Besides Your Paddle)
Are you looking for something new to do this weekend? Why not try your hand at pickleball? It's a fun game that is easy to learn and can be played by people of all ages. But before you step out onto the court, there are a few things you should bring along with your paddle. Here are five useful items to bring when playing pickleball. Blog Body:
1. Measuring Tape – An underrated yet important things you need when playing pickleball is a measuring tape. This will come in handy if you need to measure the net height or the distance between players during a match.to ensure it is not too high or too low. This is especially important if you are drilling certain shots. Plus, it's small enough to fit in your pocket or bag, so it won't take up much space on the court.
2. Layered Clothing – Pickleball can get pretty competitive, so make sure you wear clothing that allows for plenty of movement and breathability. Also, consider layering your clothing so that you can add or remove layers as needed depending on the temperature outside. A change of clothes or a light sweatshirt is great if going from the warm outside to air conditioning.
3. Water Bottle – Pickleball is an intense sport and you’ll want to stay hydrated during long games. Bring along a water bottle to keep yourself from getting dehydrated in the middle of match! Fill an alternate container with more water, electrolyte drink such as Liquid IV or Jigsaw...or with an adult beverage (no judgment here!)
4. Snacks – Just like with any other sport, snacks are always essential for pickleball players! Keep some energy bars or nuts in your bag for breaks between matches, or just munch on them while waiting for your turn at bat.
5. Portable Chair – Pickleball games can last quite a while, so having a portable chair on hand is always helpful if you need some time off your feet! Grab one that folds up easily and fits into your bag or backpack when not in use and enjoy taking breaks in comfort during games.
As we've seen, there are plenty of things besides paddles that can help make your pickleball experience more enjoyable and comfortable! From measuring tapes and layered clothing to water bottles and portable chairs, these five items will ensure that nothing gets between you and victory on the court! So don’t forget these essentials next time you head out for a game of pickleball—you’ll be glad you did!